Summer is honestly my favorite season of the year. I love feeling the heat of the sun on those blazing hot days with those gentle summer breezes that just take the edge off. I also love the many summer activities designed to cool you down like jumping in the pool, fishing on a lake, or camping in the mountains.
But when those long hot summer days come rolling around, one of my favorite ways to cool down is with a refreshing glass of homemade lemonade. This Strawberry Mint Lemonade mimics the fun and adventurous spirit of summer with it’s bright, tangy, and deliciously sweet taste. You’ll never go back to store bought lemonade again!
Start by making a yummy strawberry syrup, then juice your lemons adding just a couple of limes for an extra kick. Finally add your juice, sugar, and water in a pitcher. Mix in some sliced mint, your preserved strawberries, and lemon slices to make this lemonade something extra special. I like to drizzle a little of the strawberry syrup in the bottom of my cup before filling it up to the top with ice and pouring that delicious lemonade over it all.
The only thing left to do is add a straw, kick up your feet and sit back to relish in that beautiful summer day. Enjoy!
Strawberry Mint Lemonade
A quick and delicious summer refreshment for the entire family!
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 30mins
- 1 Cup Strawberries Quartered
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 1/2 Cup Lemon Juice (7-8 Lemons) Freshly Squeezed
- 2 Limes, Juiced
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 2 Cups Boiling Water
- 4-5 Cups Water
- 2 Tbsp Mint Julienned
- Preserved Strawberries
- Sliced Lemon Halves
- For the strawberry syrup combine water and sugar in a small sauce pan over medium-high heat; stir until sugar is dissolved. Mix strawberries in the saucepan and bring to a boil; boil for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 more minutes until the sauce thickens. Strain liquid into a jar preserving the strawberries.
- Add the freshly squeezed lemon juice and sugar to a heat proof pitcher and carefully add the boiling water. Stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add water till desired taste.
- Mix in julienned mint leaves and preserved strawberries and stir to combine.
- Add ice to the pitcher and top with lemon slices.
- When serving add 1 tablespoon of strawberry syrup to each cup, add ice and pour lemonade to the top. Enjoy!
Can’t make it now? Pin this image for later!