Welcome to the world of PDF sewing patterns! It is magical and beautiful and you’ll never want to go back. PDF sewing patterns are print-at-home sewing patterns that come in every variety imaginable. Some of the reasons I love PDF sewing patterns.
- You can reprint it in multiple sizes so you don’t have to worry about ruining an original
- You can reprint specific pattern pieces that you want to alter
- You can print specific sizes so it’s easier to cut along the correct lines
- The instructions are oftentimes more robust than their printed counterparts
- Designed by a variety of indie designers (because they don’t have the overhead cost of printing) so you can support small businesses
Just like everything else new, there are a few tips and tricks you’ll want to know before you get started. Watch the video below to get an overview of PDF sewing patterns then check out this article on the specifics of printing your pattern correctly and this article on my favorite way to store your patterns.
Editor’s Note: Enjoying this video? You can get your own copy of the Julianne Button Up Shirt!