Nothing makes Autumn like the sweet smell of Spiced Zucchini Bread, well that, and having your neighbors dump their extra zucchinis at your door secretly so you cannot return them. But once you try this recipe, you’d be glad for such a gesture. You might also keep it to yourself because if not, the zucchinis might stop appearing at your door (wink).
The best part about this bread is that it is Gluten Free, Keto, Paleo, nourishing and deliciously guilt-free. For real, it’s so good you might be tempted to add a note at your door that says “all zucchinis welcome”.
I have to add that I usually wouldn’t bake zucchini bread because of how long it would take to bake – at least an hour. So to avoid the long wait, I came up with the idea of placing it in a spread out container, which reduces cooking time by more than half! Simple change, faster bread in your mouth! Brilliant result!
No worries if you like it more the traditional way. You’re free to bake it in a regular bread pan, just make sure you line it with parchment paper and add the extra cooking time.
Add ingredients in small to medium size bowl, and beat with hand mixer until soft and creamy. Add a generous tablespoon of it on top each slice. Voila!
Start by preparing dry, wet, and grated ingredients.
Place wet ingredients in the bowl with your flour and mix well with a whisk (or a fork, works like a charm).
Then add grated Zucchini and Orange Peel. No need to remove moisture from Zucchini which saves labor and time! Because we cookers don’t need more of those, right?
Whisk well until it looks like this…
Prepare a 9” round dish with a parchment paper lining.
Add batter and bake at 350 Fahrenheit for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Isn’t this baby beautiful? Wish you could smell the delicious spiciness coming out of it. Simply delightful.
And let’s not forget about some added sweetness…
Just place ingredients in small mixing bowl
Beat with hand mixer until it looks like this.
The delicious taste of orange and cinnamon with the creamy sweetness of the frosting add the perfect blend of spice for those beautiful but cold fall days. (Whispering in your ear “it honestly is like eating a cake”).
Gluten Free, Keto and Paleo Frosted Zucchini Bread That’s Still So Friggin Good
Who knew something healthy for you could taste so good! This frosted zucchini bread is a treat for both the taste buds and your health.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
Total Time: 40 mins
- 2 1/2 cups Almond Flour
- 1 tsp Organic Ceylon Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan Salt
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 3 tbsp Truvia
- 1 tbsp Organic Psyllium Husks
- 3 Pastured Eggs
- 1 tsp Raw Honey
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1-2 tsp Grated Orange Peel
- 8 oz Grated Zucchini
- 4 oz Organic Cream Cheese
- 2 tbsp Grass Fed Butter
- 2 tbsp Organic Coconut Sugar
- 1 tsp Raw Honey
- Vanilla to Taste (optional)
- Mix almond flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, truvia and psyllium in a medium-sized bowl.
- In a smaller bowl mix eggs, raw honey and vanilla until well incorporated.
- In a separate bowl combine your grated orange peel and zucchini.
- Add the egg mixture, grated orange, and zucchini to the flour mixture. Mix with a spatula or whisk (I also like to use a fork for this step). Make sure you incorporate everything very well. The consistency will be pretty thick, don’t you worry.
- Add batter to a 9″ round dish lined with parchment paper at the bottom.
- Spread the batter. You may need a spatula to shape it down a little.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let it cool off and serve with butter and honey or the suggested frosting recipe.
- Add ingredients in small to medium size bowl, and beat with hand mixer until soft and creamy. Add a generous tablespoon of it on top each slice. Voila!