BESPOKE DENIM SHOP
Pick out fabric and hardware to meet your style. Make the most comfortable pair of custom jeans you’ve ever owned.
Pick a Pattern... Or BUNDLE Them For a Discount!
As with any other sewing project, if you want to make your own jeans you will absolutely want to choose a well-drafted pattern with clear instructions. To get the perfect fit, choose from our selection of jean patterns below. Each pattern includes crystal-clear video instructions, custom fit alteration tutorials, and sizes misses 00- plus 36.
New to DIBY? Get 15% off Any of These Jeans Patterns!
Bespoke Jean PDF Sewing Pattern Bundle$43.99 Add to cart
The Walker Shorts PDF Sewing Pattern – Misses and Plus$12.99 Add to cart
The Bravado Bootleg + Flood Jeans PDF Sewing Pattern – Misses and Plus$12.99 Add to cart
The Dauphine Skinny Jeans PDF Sewing Pattern – Misses and Plus$12.99 Add to cart
The Augusta Moto Pant + Capri PDF Sewing Pattern – Misses and Plus$12.99 Add to cart
Pick Up a Material Kit and Save!
Pick a pattern and then your materials to save! We carry the hard to find materials so that you don’t need to source them in seven different places. Buying these items with us in a bundle will save you shipping costs, time and even give you an automatic discount! We only stock the highest quality materials so rest assured, you will be getting the best.
What our kits include:
- 3 yards of designer quality stretch denim fabric (This can make one pair or more depending on your size and chosen pant length)
- 2 Jean tack buttons
- 6 Easy install rivets
- 1 Zipper of choice
- Organ Jeans/Denim sewing machine needles (optional)
*You are also invited to add more hardware or fabric at the discounted rate if bought in the bundle listing!
What you will need to pick up at your local store:
- Some super cute non-stretch woven fabric for your pocket bags. You can get really fun with this part as it will only be seen by you! (see your pattern size for quantity needed)
- Topstitching thread of your preferred color
- Regular poly machine thread to match your fabric for construction seams
Hardware Sold Individually
A big difference between store bought jeans and typical “homemade jeans” is in the materials. Even with a perfect pattern, the jeans you make will never feel like designer quality if you are using poor materials. If you want to use the same denim the big brands use on designer jeans don’t skip out on our denims and hardware. Our hardware is nickel / lead free, heavy duty and easy to install. Many rivet styles require a full press machine to install successfully despite being sold by other retailers with simple hand tools. You end up with tacks breaking through or them unable to hold to the material together as intended. We’ve taken the frustration out of this by sourcing SIMPLE TO INSTALL rivets. By the way, they are flat too so that they can truly be installed without anything but a household hammer.
Things to Look for in Your Supplies:
- Hardware – 1 zipper, 1 tack button, and 4 rivets are required to make your jeans. It can be challenging to find all of these hardware pieces in one place, so shop from our hardware kits to save both time and shipping costs.
Stretch Denim + Twill By The Yard
We have scoured the planet (literally) to bring you only the best quality fabrics. Textiles are a passion of ours and as such, we couldn’t sell you anything less. Whether you’re buying some fabric separately for one of our patterns or sourcing some to fit someone else’s, we want to be sure you have what you need! Use the bundle listing to grab some hardware and denim at a discounted rate.
Things to Look for in Your Fabrics:
- Stretch Percentage – This is the amount that you can stretch your fabric, NOT the percentage of elastic or spandex in your fabric. So if you have 4″ of fabric and it can stretch out to 6″, that fabric has 50% stretch. Likewise, if it can stretch to 5″ you have 25% stretch. When you are shopping for denim to make your own jeans, look for a minimum of 30% horizontal stretch (2-way). 25% CAN work but the comfort level just isn’t as great as 30% for fitted women’s jeans.
- Recovery – Sometimes your fabric may have the right amount of stretch but it doesn’t “bounce back” very well. This is your fabric’s recovery. You will want a strong recovery to your fabric to avoid sagging cabooses and legs as they are being worn.